
It is so nice to “meet” you! I am from a little south of Pittsburgh and it is cold and snowy here! I am looking forward to coming to CA for some sunshine!
For 10 years, I have been the webmaster at a local public university – ironically named: California University of Pennsylvania (when people ask where I’m going next week, I have to make sure and emphasize that it’s BIG California). We actually just finished redesigning our website. I am pretty proud of it – it pulls Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr right onto the homepage! It’s going to be an interesting year at Cal U of PA as we continually feed our homepage social media.In my position, I am often called upon to explain social media tools – and it never fails to amaze how terrified some folks are of them! The loss of control is a little too overwhelming for them, I guess. However, I’ve also seen it give people a grand sense of empowerment (in both good and bad ways).
One thing I’ve noticed in the students I’ve worked with over the years -- the way people communicate (talk, listen, and even interpret) is changing. I imagine that the use of technology is part of the reason. I’m excited to be enrolling in this program and maybe do a little research into that area!
Current Bowling Average: 113
